The Instrumented Manikin test method uses the Manikin to be placed in a fire environment where the simulated heat flow, burning time and flame distribution can be controlled to predict the location and extent of the human skin to reach the second and third degree burns, thereby evaluating the overall thermal protection of the clothing performance. Its biggest feature is that it can quickly, accurately and repeatably simulate the heat exchange between the human body, clothing, and the environment under flash fire conditions. In the experiment, a burning dummy wearing fireproof clothing was placed in a simulated combustion environment in the laboratory and exposed for a certain period of time. 124 thermal sensors distributed on the manikin were used to measure and calculate the conduction to various parts of the human body through the tested clothing. The heat and temperature of the human body are predicted to burn the human body, and the thermal protection performance of the clothing is evaluated. Before the experiment, the average heat flow is calibrated to reach the standard 84±2kW/m2. The burning process is recorded through video and the clothing is observed in real time during the burning process.
Performance characteristics of ASTM F1930 Flame Resistant Clothing Test Equipment
1) The manikin is an original imported product, which is made of glass fiber and flame-retardant resin (glass reinforced plastic).
2) The surface of the dummy body is evenly divided into 124 areas, and each area is equipped with a high temperature sensor. The sensor is embedded in the surface of the fake human body and will not be collided and rubbed during dressing/undressing and operation.
3) The manikin is fixed by the suspension system hanging from the top of the combustion simulation environment laboratory. The bottom of the dummy's feet is a certain distance from the ground (about 15~20cm). The dummy is fixed by the suspension device and will not shake. The device can be directly exposed to high temperature environment.
4) A high temperature resistant metal pipe is built into the dummy’s neck to provide support, and the thermocouple cable outlet extends about 10m through this pipe.
5) The shoulders, elbows, knees, and ankles can be moved, and can simulate different postures such as running, sitting, standing, and squatting.
6) The manikin is designed for high temperature resistance. It can be used in naked calibration test test under the flame intensity of 84KW/m2, and it can be exposed to open flame for no less than 8 seconds;
7) Thermal sensor (copper plate calorimeter) is used to simulate human skin, with extremely high sensitivity and response time, its contact surface is made of oxygen-free superconducting copper with excellent performance, and the surface is sprayed with black that is resistant to high temperature and does not easily fall off High-temperature paint, with a "T-type" thermocouple connected to the back, which can be installed in the human body model very quickly.
8) The sensor is a thermocouple heat sensor (non-epoxy coating type), which accurately measures the heat flow. The measurement range is from 0.0 to 4.0 cal/cm2·s (167kW/m2). During the test, the output value of each sensor will be Automatically cut in 0.5 seconds. Minimum response time: ≤0.1 seconds.
9) The number of sensors is 150, which is convenient for maintenance and replacement in the future.
10) Dedicated sensor calibration tool, including heat radiation flux accuracy calibration device and origin calibration device.
11) The burner adopts a cast iron head, which has its own flame protection function and will not produce a backfire state. It comes with a steel burner tube, a plastic handle and an adjusting needle valve. The maximum heat flow output of the burner is 210,000 BTU/hour, the fuel is propane, and its purity is not less than 98%.
12) The combustor array is composed of 12 burners. The flame is evenly applied to the human body model by surrounding the human body model, so as to obtain a more consistent heat radiation output on all the sensors of the human body model.
13) A small long open flame is placed next to each burner. The test state is that the long open flame is ignited first by electric spark ignition. After confirming that the long open flames of the 12 burners are all ignited, the gas solenoid valve is turned on. The burner is fed with propane fuel that has been adjusted, and the violent flame produced by the 12 burners instantly swallows the human body model and maintains it for a maximum of 10 seconds. The test data is read on the test sample and the human skin model.
14) The design of the gas supply system needs to meet 210,000X12BTU/hour, that is, its maximum total heat output is 42,000BTU/min. It uses multiple propane cylinders to work at the same time and uses a constant temperature heating mode to avoid temperature changes. As a result, the heat absorption efficiency of the liquid propane fuel is different and the flame stability is reduced.
15) The fuel gas supply composition uses 4 propane cylinders connected by a gas bus bar, and after the pressure is reduced and stabilized by a pressure reducing valve, the gasifier method is used to heat the output liquid fuel at a constant temperature to ensure the test process Flame stability.
16) Explosion-proof exhaust air speed is installed inside the combustion room, and the gas in the combustion room is not intermittently exhausted to the outdoors for 24 hours.
17) An alarm device is installed in the combustion room, which can automatically monitor the propane gas leakage and automatically cut off the gas supply.
18) The internal dimensions of the combustion chamber are 4 meters (height) X 5 meters (length) X 5 meters (width).
19) The combustion chamber is made of heat-resistant metal, and the bottom is suspended, which facilitates the laying of gas pipelines. In front of the observation, a large area of heat-resistant tempered glass is used as a test observation window, so that the tester can observe the scene.
20) Install a powerful exhaust fan on the top or back of the laboratory to replace the indoor fresh air at the beginning of the test. After the test, the indoor flue gas and incomplete combustion gas can be quickly discharged within 15 seconds, and the air flow in the laboratory can be quickly exhausted. Make an effective replacement.
21) A combustion alarm device is installed in the combustion chamber. If there is a propane leak, the alarm will output an alarm signal. When sound and light alarms are given, the gas will be automatically cut off to ensure the safety of testers. During this period, the ignition is invalid, and the test ignition cannot be performed until the abnormality is eliminated.
22) The indoor temperature control system can control the temperature of the combustion manikin within the standard range.
23) The data acquisition system can collect the temperature data of 124 sensors at the same time, the test frequency is not less than 10 times per second, and it can display test data such as pain and burns.
Installation Requirements of ASTM F1930 Flame Resistant Clothing Test Equipment
||ISO 13506,ASTM F1930,GB/T 23467,GB 8965.1
||Flame-Resistant Clothing for Protection Against Fire Simulations Testing Equipment using an instrumented manikin
||The site required for installation requires laboratory space with a length of 14 meters, a width of 6 meters, and a height of not less than 6 meters